Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Diary 5 dec

So what have I've been up to lately..

Mapping!
I have been on google maps yesterday, the whole day.  Like most people I do not have a GPS system on my bicycle, however I also don't have a printer.. well not one that works which is a f*#ked up situation.
So I found myself realising that I would have to write it all down.. the entire route from Holland to Poland! what a joke!! Writing down each and every street, if I would have to turn to the right.. you name it.

So that's what i've been doing yesterday.. writing down the entire route to follow. And I'm still in Holland on paper.. this will take a very long time and it will take many A4's.
Thinking about better options... There are special bikingroute maps I could buy and some of them have routes across Europe but these routes are often made for sightseeing and not for getting from A to B as fast as possible.
Another option is just to buy an Atlas, but these are entire books that take up to much space in my backpack and they only show the major roads.

Damn! why can I just make a route on Google and just print!.. keep on writing I guess..

Other things I've been going is working on my backpack. It's nearly finished but still needs some strengthening. I have also became a member of a Bushcraft/Survival forum because I could always learn more and to share ideas.

That's it for now. I'm off working on the route


No comments:

Post a Comment