Monday, December 3, 2012

The making of a Billy can

Well, a very simple billy can in this case. but one that does the trick.. pioneer style :)

All I need was a tin can, a piece of metal wire and pliers

All the stuff you need
 
Making 2 opposite holes near the top
 
 Shaping the metal wire into a handle
Finito!..
 
Now I have some to cook with or boil water in for cleaning water or one of the other tons of uses.
I have honestly no idea how long this can will last, this ain't no thick, stainless steel cooking pot but this is how it was done in the old days and I seem to be some kind of a traditionalist. If it breaks down it realy isn't such a big deal, I could easily make a new one from all the rubbish people leave behind in the forests.. it's a curse and a blessing at the same time


No comments:

Post a Comment