Sunday, June 30, 2013

I am going to live in the wild, Goodbye all.

This is it.. my final post.

Today,  I will walk out the door never to return again. I will pack my stuff and head East to live a solitary life as a nomad/hunter gatherer.   Remember that i'm not running away from all my problems, I'm running towards solutions.

In the wilderness I might survive for 30 years or I can be dead in 3 months.. If I'm found dead remember that I had 3 awesome months and that I realy lived my life the way I wanted it to be in those days. I take full responsibility for my actions.

Creating this blog has been alot of fun but it ends here. This blog will not be deleted (by my hand) but nothings lasts forever.

I am in for a lifechanging experience, the biggest adventure of my life and probably the last. At this moment i'm overwelmed with different emotions but it is all good. Who knows.. my journey might one day become big news, maybe they'll make a film about it just like they did with "Into the wild" hahaha.. but that's not the goal here. I am off to live a solitary existance, a survive and thrive lifestyle. My children and my family will be always on my mind.

I will give up my daily job as a nobody and I will become a survivalist, a hunter, a fisherman, a trapper, a farmer, a nomad, a monk, an artist, a woodcarver, a philosopher, a explorer.. i will keep myself busy..

May the Gods drink on my journey and may they be a guide on my path towards the unknown.
May the beloved ones I leave behind find happiness and peace
Anyhow my time has come.. Like Bilbo Baggins said: "I want to see mountains again Gandalf, mountains!".
Feel free to post comments but know that I won't be able to reply out there.


I wish all of you a great life, make something of it, live it the way you want it to be lived as you only live once. Farewell and go in peace.
Take care, Ralph

To eternity and beyond


25 comments:

  1. Back to from where we came...good luck and may God go with you and guide you.

    P.S. If for any reason it doesn't work out and you come back, please do let us know. Better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all!

    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Ralph Sungila,

    If you can still read this; consider taking some sort of identification with you, so when you're found (let's not think about that) atleast they know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. He finally did it... He's in the wild right now... I wonder if he managed to find enough food and make shelter? I wish the dude bought a camera. If he ever comes back from this it would make a hell of a documentary.

    I hope this wasn't a troll and I wish I was there with him. Good luck Ralph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am there with you in spirit Ralph. You are one of the few who can truly say they know what life is. God speed. May you be an inspiration to myself and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know what happened to Ralph? I'll be really sad if he died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think this guy made the wrong choice... had he tried living in other countries? Continents? You can live so many lives without going into hermitage. Nonetheless, he made the choice. I truly wish him all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. was scared of working lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1-Does he choose to live in the "Netherlands Wild"? Or moved somewhere else?
    2- I don't know is life, but leaving is child is.... bad. Hope he will keep in touch with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's gone to russia. Not much wildlife here in the Netherlands.. lol.

      Delete
  9. To the anonymous commenter who joked about Ralph doing this because he was scared to work, get a clue. Most people work because they're afraid to be free, it takes balls to do what Ralph has done, regardless of whether others think he was careless, selfish or not in his actions, it was his choice and I'm sure it wasn't an easy one. Nor do I reckon he's having an easy time of it right now (I'm talking from experience). If he was truly scared of working, he could have moved to another country, claimed benefits and had a cosy life. In this modern world of ours it's fear that wins over freedom for the majority, but Ralph chose freedom. Seems like a brave move to me, what have you done lately ? Your job? Good for you, way to let the system know who's in charge ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I am, almost 1 year later, and I still think about Ralph's journey every month at least once, often more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just encountered this blog for the first time while seriously considering doing this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://www.facebook.com/RalphSungila

    Let's try and find out how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think about this guy all the time. Seriously, how inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a urban HERMIT in NYC. TO BE BLACK BALLED and UNINVITED IS A WONDERFUL GIFT. I need 25 million dollars and condo with a door man who says Mr. Gill is not here to see you today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still wondering what happened to him. (Kaa)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. I set up a FB page last year asking the same question. One person got back to me less than a month ago saying he was ok. I asked if they could get more info, like whether he's still living in the wild and whether he'd be willing to give us a message. I got no reply and decided to take the page down. Your guess is as good as ours at this point :)

      Delete
  17. No information on his current state huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woww..
    So ehmmm I've met this guy named Ralph at the hikethrough festival here in bulgary near the black sea last august.
    I love getting to know interesting people yes, and he was sitting there dressed like a soldier in the middle of all the hippies. We talked and he told me about his plans, about his life, about this blog and about how his mind set on going back home because of his doughters. He looked skinny and dirty but sweet.
    We promised to keep in touch and the last thing I hear is that he is not seeing his doughters anymore and is about to head to greece by foot.
    Reading this blog I have no idea how he gotto bulgary is he was heading for russia.
    My opinion after talking to him for hours is that he loves aventure so much he will die for it.
    So skinny and going wild again? the sweetheart wants to die.

    With love Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man this is kinda happy and sad... Hope he's okay.

      Delete
    2. What a shame. He did seem mentally ill. No one dresses as a soldier, or refuses to see their children. I am leaving society at the end of the year. I have land I purchased though, a very large swath of 'uninhabitable' land in the north of England. The difference is I do not wish to be a hermit and will invite others who are of the same ancestry as me to create an enclave, a last hold out of our people from extinction.

      Delete
  19. Anonymous (from June 13) - sounds like an amazing project. I have also followed various discussions of European intentional communities. Would be interested in supporting, participating, promoting. Hope you still read here - we could talk further via email.

    ReplyDelete